accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Berman <mber...@sqrrl.com>
Subject Re: Building RPMs
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:55:27 GMT
It looks like you can't just install, say, the tserver RPM to get the
tserver.  It depends on server-base, core, start, etc.  So this means I
either need to figure out the dependencies and put them all on the rpm -i
command, or configure a directory as a local yum repo.  Does anyone know a
convenient way to do that?  It seems like this could use some
documentation, since it's seems like a pretty nonstandard way to distribute
RPMs.

Independent of all that, having just installed all the packages, I'm not
sure how to get it to actually work.  It looks like the accumulo jars are
installed in /usr/share/java/accumulo rather than $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib, and
all services are failing to start, missing the class
org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.  After I've installed the RPMs, am I
supposed to edit accumulo-env.sh to stick all the jar locations on the
classpath or something?  It's not obvious to me where a good place to do
that would be, or if there are other paths I need.  What was the reasoning
behind having the rpm create such a different installation tree from other
deployments?

Thanks again,
Michael