accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's have a round of maintenance releases
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 16:50:17 GMT
On 1/3/14, 11:34 AM, Sean Busbey wrote:
> We're past the end of 2013 now and while there's been good progress on
> polishing up 1.6.0, it looks like there's still a good deal of work before
> it'll be ready to ship[1].
>
> Both 1.4.5 and 1.5.1 have a large number of fixes[2], including some
> critical ones (like reconnecting to ZooKeeper). Also, obviously I'd like to
> see the Hadoop 2 for 1.4.x get released.
>
> I'd like us to have a maintenance release of 1.4.5 and 1.5.1 soon-ish.
> Maybe once ACCUMULO-2128 gets closed, since that's a blocker[3]?

+1 I had put out a poll for interest on a 1.5.1 and got some consensus
that we wanted to wait until 1.6.0 was finished in case we found some
bugs. Given that 1.6 is still going, I would be happy with considering
moving forward with the maintenance releases too.

Yes -- that's also me volunteering to do the RC work for a 1.5.1.