accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From <Bob.Thor...@l-3com.com>
Subject RE: Row level visibility
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:51:07 GMT
Nehal

Having done this very same thing, you're going to have to abstract the two user groups through
two client connections to accumulo.  One client connection will have limited read/access table
rights, while the other has read/write.  Then the visibilities of the user groups will have
to be managed through a mapping of their personal credential to a set of accumulo visibilities.
 With these two authorization steps you can accomplish what you're after.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nehal Mehta [mailto:nehal413@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:45 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Row level visibility

Thanks for all information.

But VisibilityConstraint disallows user writing data that it cannot see.
Correct me if I am wrong.

In our use case as mentioned above, we want one set of user who can still read/access that
data but not update it. So each cell we need to store read as well as write visibility. We
cannot have one single environment based constraint.  Do you people know if anyone else in
community requires such visibility granularity?

Thanks,
Nehal