accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resource leak warnings
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 14:57:42 GMT
On Dec 30, 2013 9:36 AM, "William Slacum" <wilhelm.von.cloud@accumulo.net>
wrote:

> That being said, has anyone started on the utility so we can at least have
> a comparison/bake off?

A utility that forcefully closes all resources to prevent a leak? I don't
believe I've seen a ticket for that yet. Please make one if so.

What do you want to compare? That the resources are cleaned up? I would
assume that would be a part of testing before the aforementioned utility
would be committed.

> I assume this is going to block  1.6.0/1.5.1.

Only if we decide it should :). It's one of those things that has likely
bit people for quite some time. It's up to us to decide if it's severe
enough that we should try to get it fixed before making another release.