accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: table.offline behavior change in 1.6.0
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 20:57:08 GMT
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

>  I disagree. The 1.5.0 code path waits by default. Offline() calls
> doTableOperation, which calls doTableOperation with wait=true, which
> causes waitForTableOperation to trigger. Unless there's weird casing
> for waitForTableOperation, of which there does not appear to be, it will
> wait.

In 1.5 and 1.4 its only waiting for the master to change the table state in
zookeeper.  Its not waiting for all of the tablets to go offline.   Take a
look at o.a.a.s.master.tableOps.ChangeTableState, this is what gets
executed on the master.

1.6 adds the ability to wait for all tablets to go offline.