accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Camilleri <camilleri....@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Does the bloom filter pose risks to consumer-wide acceptance of BitCoin?
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 12:37:39 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Camilleri <camilleri.jon@gmail.com>
Date: 29 December 2013 11:47
Subject: Does the bloom filter pose risks to consumer-wide acceptance of
BitCoin?
To: helpdesk@spectrocoin.com

Caruana (2013) contends that bitcoin uses a bloom filter to verify payments
reducing the time it takes to search for payments by matching across a
number of hashkeys using bitwise operators, rather then scanning the whole
network.  This may lead to a number of false positives from a probabilistic
point of view.  Bloom filter seems to be the underlying technology used
within various distributed data engines including Apache Accumolo.

How does your company cover this technical risk?
Has BitCoin gained acceptance of the European Central Bank as yet?
I have not to date come across the equivalent exchange rate used for
BitCoin, is there a table of exchange rates published?