accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo 1.6.0 HA namenode testing
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 04:52:08 GMT
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I was not using the correct terminology for what I was thinking, but I am
> not sure what the correct terminology is.  I do not want to be limited by
> the memory of one machine for hdfs metadata and I want HA.  So would it be
> correct to say that I want to test with multiple HA nameservices?   For
> example test 1.6 w/ three nameservices, where each nameservice has two HA
> namenodes.   This would allow hdfs metadata to spread across the memory of
> three machines.

These HDFS nameservices are independent HDFS instances using the new
span-HDFS-instances feature in Accumulo 1.6? Or they are nameservices using
HDFS federation across HA pairs?

If the former, I think the terminology would be "spanning HDFS clusters."

If the latter, it's HDFS federation[1].

[1]:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/Federation.html

--