accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Roshan Punnoose <rosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 20:46:52 GMT
I am trying to run Hoya on a Kerberos Secure cluster. I believe I have all
the keytabs in place, and have been able to run mapreduce jobs with my
user, etc. However, when I run the "hoya create" command I get this
exception:

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot
authenticate via:[TOKEN]
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.SaslRpcClient.selectSaslClient(SaslRpcClient.java:170)

I thought that Hoya should be using Kerberos instead of the TOKEN.

Also noticed that the SASL NEGOTIATE is responding with "TOKEN" as well:

2013-12-03 20:45:04,530 [main] DEBUG security.SaslRpcClient - Received SASL
message state: NEGOTIATE
auths {
  method: "TOKEN"
  mechanism: "DIGEST-MD5"
  protocol: ""
  serverId: "default"
}

That doesn't seem right either. Is there something I might be missing?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Roshan Punnoose <roshanp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah I noticed the git-flow style branching. Pretty cool.
>

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Roshan:
>> FYI
>> The develop branch of Hoya repo should be more up-to-date.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Adding --debug to the command may print out more things as well.  Also,
>> the
>> > start-up is not instantaneous.  In the Yarn logs, you should see at
>> first
>> > one container under the application (e.g.
>> >

>> logs/userlogs/application_1381800165150_0014/container_1381800165150_0014_01_000001)
>> > and its out.txt will contain information about the initialization
>> process.
>> > If that goes well, it will start up containers for the other processes.

>> descriptor
>> > in

>> than
>> wrong.  I