accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Roshan Punnoose <rosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 20:13:04 GMT
This is cool. I couldn't get it working with 1.5.0, but 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
worked perfectly. (I'll probably just downgrade sometime soon, or wait for
a release)

I had to add this property to the hoya-client.xml to get it to look for the
hadoop/zookeeper jars in the right places. (Though that seems property
seems to already be set in the yarn-site.xml):
<property>
      <name>yarn.application.classpath</name>

<value>/etc/hadoop/conf,/usr/lib/hadoop/*,/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*,/usr/lib/zookeeper/*</value>
 </property>

Also, any ideas on how to get the shell connected to it without a conf
directory? I can just use the generated conf with the shell for now.

Roshan

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com>wrote:

> Interesting, let us know if having the conf populated in the tarball makes
> a difference.  I'd recommend using 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT, by the way.  1.5.0
> processes don't return proper exit codes when there are errors.
>

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Roshan Punnoose <roshanp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I was able to get most of the way there. Turning off the log aggregation
> > helped a lot, the forked exceptions were not getting to the aggregated
> > TFile in HDFS.
> >
> > I am trying to run accumulo 1.5.0 and for some reason, the propagtedConf
> > that Hoya generates is not getting loaded during the accumulo initialize
> > phase. I think it has to do with the fact that I already have a populated
> > conf directory (with a sample accumulo-site.xml) in the accumulo image I
> am
> > sending. I'm going to try and build a new accumulo image from source and
> > try again with Hoya 0.7.0. The error I am seeing makes it seem like the
> > Accumulo Initialize is not looking at the propgatedConf
> "instance.dfs.dir"
> > property but using the default to put the data in "/accumulo" in HDFS.
> >
> > Will keep trying. Thanks for the help!
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > The forked code goes into the AM logs as its just a forked run of
> > > {{accumulo init}} to set up the file structure.
> > >
> > > Error code 1 implies accumulo didn't want to start, which could be from
> > > some environment problem -it needs to know where ZK home as well as
> > hadoop
> > > home are. We set those up before running accumulo, but they do need to
> be
> > > passed down to the cluster config (which is then validated to see that
> > they
> > > are defined and point to a local directory -but we don't look in the
> > > directory to see if they have all the JARs the accumulo launcher
> expects)
> > >
> > > If you can, try to do this with kerberos off first. Kerberos
> complicates
> > > things

> > accumulo

> > accumulo
> > accumulo
> > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hoya.yarn.service.ForkedProcessService.reportFailure(ForkedProcessService.java:162)

> > scheduler

> > retrieving

> instructions
> > at
> > > > >>>

> https://github.com/hortonworks/hoya/blob/master/src/site/markdown/security.md

> > roshanp@gmail.com>

> believe I
> > with
I get
> > this

> cannot
> > > > >>> >

> org.apache.hadoop.security.SaslRpcClient.selectSaslClient(SaslRpcClient.java:170)

> > TOKEN.

> > as

> > > roshanp@gmail.com

> yuzhihong@gmail.com>

out more things as
> > > well.
Yarn logs, you
> should
> > > see
> > > > >>> > >> >

> logs/userlogs/application_1381800165150_0014/container_1381800165150_0014_01_000001)
about the
> other

Punnoose <

the create command did