accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [4/4] git commit: Merge branch '1.4.5-SNAPSHOT' into 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 16:26:06 GMT
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously I saw the conflict as I had thought I had correctly resolved it.
> I guess not.

I was not sure about that.  I was not sure how you were doing things. It
seems like the conflict was resolved in such a way that all 1.5 changes
were taken, I was wondering if this was done w/ a git command.   Svn had
command like this for automatically resolving merges, which I found you
have to be careful with in corner cases (like a file with some changes that
conflicted and some that merged cleanly, svn could throw out the conflicts
and the clean merges).

> I had also assumed that a test would have failed on me if I had merged it
> incorrectly. Also an incorrect assumption, apparently.
>
> I don't really remember anymore, I think I took the changes from 1.4.5.
> Sorry for catching you mid-merge.

Thats fine, I was mainly trying to determine if there were any lessons to
be learned to prevent future problems.

> On 11/15/2013 3:42 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
>
>> Josh,
>>
>> The conflict from the merge was not resolved correctly.  I was working on
>> resolving this conflict but you pushed before I did.   I am really curious
>> what happened, I want to make sure we are not dropping important changes
>> when resolving conflicts during merge.  When merging 1.4 to 1.5 I saw the
>> following conflict.   Did you see this conflict?
>>
>> <<<<<<<
>> HEAD:examples/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/
>> examples/simple/client/RandomBatchWriter.java
>>      for (int i = 0; i < opts.num; i++) {
>>
>>        long rowid = (Math.abs(r.nextLong()) % (opts.max - opts.min)) +
>> opts.min;
>> =======
>>      // Generate num unique row ids in the given range
>>      HashSet<Long> rowids = new HashSet<Long>(num);
>>      while (rowids.size() < num) {
>>        rowids.add((Math.abs(r.nextLong()) % (max - min)) + min);
>>      }
>>      for (long rowid : rowids) {

>> org/apache/accumulo/examples/simple/client/RandomBatchWriter.java
>>
>> Keith
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM, <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>  Merge branch '1.4.5-SNAPSHOT' into 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> Conflicts:
>>>
>>> examples/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/examples/
>>> simple/client/RandomBatchWriter.java
>>>

>>> Project: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/repo
>>> Commit: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/commit/1261625b
>>> Tree: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tree/1261625b
>>> Diff: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/diff/1261625b
>>>
>>> Branch: refs/heads/1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
>>> Commit: 1261625b30691d57473efed313f3baf841d791e6
>>> Parents: ac20fe0 a40a6d4
>>> Author: Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org>
>>> Authored: Fri Nov 15 11:43:10 2013 -0800
>>> Committer: Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org>
>>> Committed: Fri Nov 15 11:43:10 2013 -0800

>>>   .../simple/client/RandomBatchWriter.java        |  1 +
>>>   .../minicluster/MiniAccumuloClusterGCTest.java  | 31
>>> ++++++++++++++++----
>>>   2 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
>>>

>>> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/blob/
>>> 1261625b/examples/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/
> [...]
>>>   +  }
>>>   +
>>>   +  /**
>>>   +   * Writes a specified number of entries to Accumulo using a {@link
>>> BatchWriter}.
>>>   +   *
>>>   +   * @throws AccumuloException
>>>   +   * @throws AccumuloSecurityException
>>>   +   * @throws TableNotFoundException
>>>   +   */
>>>   +  public static void main(String[] args) throws AccumuloException,
>>> AccumuloSecurityException, TableNotFoundException {
>>>   +    Opts opts = new Opts();
>>>   +    BatchWriterOpts bwOpts = new BatchWriterOpts();
>>>   +    opts.parseArgs(RandomBatchWriter.class.getName(), args, bwOpts);
>>>   +
>>>   +    Random r;
>>>   +    if (opts.seed == null)
>>>   +      r = new Random();
>>>   +    else {
>>>   +      r = new Random(opts.seed);
>>>   +    }
>>>   +
>>>   +    Connector connector = opts.getConnector();
>>>   +    BatchWriter bw = connector.createBatchWriter(opts.tableName,
>>> bwOpts.getBatchWriterConfig());
>>>   +
>>>   +    // reuse the ColumnVisibility object to improve performance
>>>   +    ColumnVisibility cv = opts.visiblity;
>>>   +
>>>   +    for (int i = 0; i < opts.num; i++) {
>>>   +
>>>   +      long rowid = (Math.abs(r.nextLong()) % (opts.max - opts.min)) +
>>> opts.min;
>>>   +
>>>   +      Mutation m = createMutation(rowid, opts.size, cv);
>>>   +
>>>   +      bw.addMutation(m);
>>>   +
>>>   +    }
>>>   +
>>>   +    try {
>>>   +      bw.close();
>>>   +    } catch (MutationsRejectedException e) {
>>>   +      if (e.getAuthorizationFailuresMap().size() > 0) {
>>>   +        HashMap<String,Set<SecurityErrorCode>> tables = new
>>> HashMap<String,Set<SecurityErrorCode>>();
>>>   +        for (Entry<KeyExtent,Set<SecurityErrorCode>> ke :
>>> e.getAuthorizationFailuresMap().entrySet()) {
>>>   +          Set<SecurityErrorCode> secCodes =
>>> tables.get(ke.getKey().getTableId().toString());
>>>   +          if (secCodes == null) {
>>>   +            secCodes = new HashSet<SecurityErrorCode>();
>>>   +            tables.put(ke.getKey().getTableId().toString(),
>>> secCodes);
>>>   +          }
>>>   +          secCodes.addAll(ke.getValue());
>>>   +        }
>>>   +        System.err.println("ERROR : Not authorized to write to tables
>>> :
>>> " + tables);
>>>   +      }
>>>   +
>>>   +      if (e.getConstraintViolationSummaries().size() > 0) {
>>>   +        System.err.println("ERROR : Constraint violations occurred :

>>> 1261625b/minicluster/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/minicluster/
> [...]
>>>   +import org.apache.accumulo.core.client.security.tokens.PasswordToken;
>>>   +import org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.Property;
>>>   +import org.apache.accumulo.core.data.Mutation;
>>>   +import org.apache.accumulo.server.util.PortUtils;
>>>   +import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils;
>>>   +import org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.SuffixFileFilter;
>>>   +import org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.TrueFileFilter;
>>>   +import org.apache.log4j.Level;
>>>   +import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
>>> - import org.junit.AfterClass;
>>>   +import org.junit.Assert;
>>> - import org.junit.BeforeClass;
>>> ++import org.junit.Ignore;
>>>   +import org.junit.Test;
>>>   +import org.junit.rules.TemporaryFolder;
>>>   +
>>>   +import com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap;
>>> ++import com.google.common.io.Files;
>>>   +
>>>   +/**
>>>   + *
>>>   + */
>>>   +public class MiniAccumuloClusterGCTest {
>>>   +
>>> ++  @Test
>>> ++  public void testGcConfig() throws Exception {
>>> ++    File f = Files.createTempDir();
>>> ++    f.deleteOnExit();
>>> ++    try {
>>> ++      MiniAccumuloConfig macConfig = new MiniAccumuloConfig(f, passwd);
>>> ++      macConfig.setNumTservers(1);
>>> ++
>>> ++      Assert.assertEquals(false, macConfig.shouldRunGC());
>>> ++
>>> ++      // Turn on the garbage collector
>>> ++      macConfig.runGC(true);
>>> ++
>>> ++      Assert.assertEquals(true, macConfig.shouldRunGC());
>>> ++    } finally {
>>> ++      if (null != f && f.exists()) {
>>> ++        f.delete();
>>> ++      }
>>> ++    }
>>> ++  }
>>> ++
>>> ++
>>>   +  private static TemporaryFolder tmpDir = new TemporaryFolder();
>>>   +  private static MiniAccumuloConfig macConfig;
>>>   +  private static MiniAccumuloCluster accumulo;
>>>   +  private static final String passwd = "password";
>>>   +
>>> -   @BeforeClass
>>>   +  public static void setupMiniCluster() throws Exception {
>>>   +    tmpDir.create();
>>>   +    Logger.getLogger("org.apache.zookeeper").setLevel(Level.ERROR);
>>>   +
>>>   +    macConfig = new MiniAccumuloConfig(tmpDir.getRoot(), passwd);
>>>   +    macConfig.setNumTservers(1);
>>>   +
>>>   +    // Turn on the garbage collector
>>>   +    macConfig.runGC(true);
>>>   +
>>>   +    String gcPort = Integer.toString(PortUtils.getRandomFreePort());
>>>   +
>>>   +    // And tweak the settings to make it run often
>>>   +    Map<String,String> config =
>>> ImmutableMap.of(Property.GC_CYCLE_DELAY.getKey(), "1s",
>>> Property.GC_CYCLE_START.getKey(), "0s", Property.GC_PORT.getKey(),