accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:22:23 GMT
A compromise would be to move MockAccumulo to its own subproject, and
deprecate the copy resident in the public API. Then, it can start to drift
toward a side project that those interested in maintaining can work with,
but that does not need to be kept in lockstep with the arrival of new
features.

The side project never needs to be deprecated, but the core project has the
option to migrate away from it over time. Users can switch over to it if
they want to continue using it.

Bill