accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:33:03 GMT
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is this just my interpretation of how to interpret @Deprecated? It seems
> > completely logical to deprecate something we know isn't where we want to
> go
> > even if we aren't to where we want to go. Then, we start focusing on
> > making/improving the tools we want. This advertises to users that maybe
> they
> > might not want to rely on MockAccumulo.
>
> I agree.
>
> And, I don't think Joey's point about the M/R API in Hadoop applies
> here. MockAccumulo was never part of our "public API". It's
> developer-facing and intended for testing... not core to working with
> Accumulo.

Mock most definitely is a part of our public api for 1.4.x and 1.5.x. Both
READMEs basically say the same:

9. API

The public accumulo API is composed of :

 * everything under org.apache.accumulo.core.client, excluding impl packages
 * Key, Mutation, Value, and Range  in org.apache.accumulo.core.data.
 * org.apache.accumulo.server.mini

To get started using accumulo review the example and the javadoc for the
packages and classes mentioned above.

Mock is in org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mock which means it's a part of
the public API.

--
Sean