accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Berman <mber...@sqrrl.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Deprecate mock in 1.6.0
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 20:28:13 GMT
+1 (not really a voter)

I think iterator unit tests should use SortedMapIterator, not anything like
a full accumulo stack, and I think MAC is far more suitable for integration
tests because it actually runs the same code...it's impossible for an
outsider to tell in which behaviors mock reflects actual accumulo and in
which it does something totally different.

I do think MAC needs some help, but I think the process of excising mock
from our own tests will flesh out what we need there better than anything
else we could do.