accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Berman <mber...@sqrrl.com>
Subject Re: remove wikisearch from 1.4.x development?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:19:37 GMT
Sorry, I was talking about the versioning issue in general, not this
specific release.  If there needs to be WS changes for 1.4.5, then there
will be a 1.4.5 WS and there's no problem.  I was responding to your
concern about them getting out of sync if there's an ACC release that
*doesn't* motivate a WS release, specifically in your scenario I quoted.
 In that case, we could just skip the intervening WS numbers once it does
have to change, so even if we don't demand a WS for every ACC release, we
never need to have a "you need 1.4.5 to work with 1.4.6" situation.