accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: accumulo pull request: raccumulo Packaged: 2013-05-09 22:18:20 UTC; pgrim
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:37:24 GMT
Hi Josh, and Eric,

Thanks. As for the IP clearances and stuff, yes, makes total sense. Eric
and
anyone that contributed to this patch need and should have ASF ICLAs on
file.
It's a simple process, download the ICLA here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

And submit it for each individual contributor to secretary@apache.org

Beyond that it may be nice in this case since it's got corporate stuff
attached to it to see if Data Tactics is willing to sign an Apache
Corporate
Contributor License Agreement (CCLA):

http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

Not a requirement by any means, but a nice thing. So Eric and others at
Data Tactics, that's something to consider.

Once that's taken care, the Accumulo PMC can take on the stewardship of
the code if someone on that PMC like Josh is willing to work through any
issues
that that person (or others on the PMC) have with bringing it on board.
Also since Apache is a meritocracy, Eric and others, you will be credited
for the work that you contribute and if you keep doing so over time, and
creating work for the Accumulo PMC members, your work will likely be
recognized.

The Incubator PMC is there as a clearinghouse for new projects and new
communities to begin their journey towards Apache individual project
status (TLP) and the Apache way. Eric: do you see this project as an
entirely
new community that is complementary to Accumulo? If so, the Incubator would
be a good route to go. If you see this as part of core Accumulo (or even
contrib)
and you can convince someone on the PMC like Josh to help shepherd this
code
into their PMC, that's also another route.

Cheers,
Chris