accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Issues running Minicluster in o.a.a.start.Main
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 02:02:28 GMT
I have "accumulo minicluster" working now.   I changed the way MAC
determines what classpath to use.  I pushed a commit [1] to a branch on
github[2] if you want to take a look.  I am still experimenting with the
change.   I ran into some other bugs in master while working on this and
fixed those.  I also reopened ACCUMULO-1368 rather than opening a new
ticket.

[1]
https://github.com/keith-turner/accumulo/commit/1b9fbbc82a49e4939179f2f7b0b013517836b7f0
[2] https://github.com/keith-turner/accumulo/tree/ACCUMULO-1368

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Corey Nolet <cjnolet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at the commit history in master using gitk/gitx shows duplicated
> history. It looks like January through July 2013 occur at least twice in
> the commit history (with 2012 in between them). I'm suspecting this may
> have been why bisect wasn't working for me
>

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Corey Nolet <cjnolet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Keith,
> > >
> > > It appears that the proxy's useMini and the minicluster command broke
> > > somewhere between
> > >
> > > 1edccf6b30541841bb08329317c6289aca8c8d73
> > > ACCUMULO-1707 applying Steve's patch
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > 98d7a9efc6d07e71d3803b3830bf9dc9ce8dec9d
> > > ACCUMULO-1558 made import table fail when files do not exist
> > >
> > > There was some weird merging happening during that sequence of commits.
> > At
> > > some point it looks like the master pom was set to version 1.5.1. If a
> > bug
> > > was fixed in this sequence of commits and the fix inherently broke the
> > > commands because they didn't belong in start.Main to begin with, I'm
> > > thinking it would probably be best to take the useMini property out of
> > the
> > > proxy and the minicluster command out of start.Main.
> > >
> > > If a bug was introduced, I'd like to get a ticket up for it.
> > >

> > Yeah, go ahead and open a ticket.

> > >  But

> > very
> > conf
> > uses
> > assumption
> when
> > > its

> main.
> > think
> would
> > > not

> > HEAD
> > > in

> 'accumulo
> like
> > > the

> > > see

Method)
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

I'm using