accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: open questions on contrib projects
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:01:48 GMT
On Oct 22, 2013 10:36 AM, "Keith Turner" <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > I have two questions about contrib projects, one of which I think
requires
> > a vote.
> >
> > 1) Are contributors to contrib repos treated the same as contributors ot
> > the main project?
> >
> > I would guess they are, since the contrib repos are still under the
> > Accumulo project. I'd like to make sure Lazy Consensus agrees.
> >
> > 2) What is the process for adding a new contrib repo?
> >

> Its not defined.  Was there a specific reason that you would like to have
> this defined?

No specific contrib in mind. It was just a very obvious gap once I started
making the contrib page for ACCUMULO-1799. For now I just put in to mail
the dev list.

Is there a reason not to just use sub projects for all contribs? Wikisearch
is certainly big enough and already has a component jira from when it was
in the main project.

Maybe this gets back to the other thread about what we want attached to the
project vs pushed into other projects.

--
Sean