accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: 1.6.0 Feature Freeze
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:02:12 GMT
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm fine with the idea of what you're proposing. I'll hold off on an
> actual vote until the details are resolved (Christopher's and Sean's

Also, if we re-do calling the vote, I'd ask that we name John Vines the
release manager[1] for 1.6.0 as a part of it. Our release guide[2] doesn't
state when we determine the release manager, but I think it makes sense to
do by the time of declaring a feature freeze (and I'd really prefer we do
it when road-mapping a major version).

Also, one nit: the subject for the vote should include the [VOTE] marker
for the benefit of less-active list members.

[1]: http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#release_manager
[2]: http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/releasing.html

--
Sean