accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 03:45:56 GMT
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> For #2, from what I've read, we should definitely bump up the dependency
> on 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT to 2.1.0-beta, and, given what Ted replied with, to
> 2.2.0-beta for that hadoop-2 profile.

so 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT and this proposed change to 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT should both
target 2.2.0-beta, presuming the RC passes (and 2.1.0-beta prior). This
sounds inline with Mike's comment re: alpha v beta.

anyone have an objection?

> I probably stated this before, but I'd much rather see more effort in
> testing Accumulo 1.5.x (and 1.6.0 as that will be feature frozen soon)
> against hadoop-2 (like Mike's point about HA). I'm not sure if anyone ever
> did testing of Accumulo with the hadoop-2 features -- I seem to recall that
> it was more testing does Accumulo run on both hadoop 1 and 2.

I figured whatever bar I end up passing for Hadoop 2 support on 1.4.x
should help with testing the same for 1.5.x and 1.6.x.

--
Sean