accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion on JIRA
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:50:52 GMT
I think it heavily depends on the quality and focus of the discussion.

Like you said, if the conversation is focused, it's nice to have the
complete conversation present on that ticket.

However, very often, we all get sidetracked and start talking about 8
other things instead of what the ticket is actually about.

Perhaps a good middle ground would be to move discussion to the mailing
list when it gets off topic, and when the discussion comes to some
consensus post back to the ticket with the link from mail-archives and a
general synopsis with what was agreed upon?