accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:15:15 GMT
True, but at the same time it makes no sense to release 1.6.0 if the
features contained within are incomplete.

There are still a number of blockers that are unresolved that would all
fall into the category of creating a broken 1.6.0 or having to back out
large changesets. I know these blockers would be categorized as "bug
fixes" and not "features", but some of these bugs are directly from new
features which I would argue are thus still a part of this feature.

I'm all for trying to release early and often, but I will be the guy who
throws a wrench in the works if we do it at the sake of reducing the
quality of our release.