accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Column Scan / table metadata
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:57:28 GMT
There isn't a reliable way to ascertain the column set for a table via the
Accumulo API.

Scanning all of the keys in a table would work; however, this quickly
becomes too costly to perform for modestly sized tables.

An easy way to manage this is to build up the set of columns as part of
your "ingest" code and store them in Accumulo (a separate table is
easiest). By adding a quick cache to your ingest code, you can track a
column schema without much extra effort or cost.