accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schedule for 1.6.0 release?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:48:14 GMT
+1 by the end of the year with adequate time for testing.

Just so we're all clear (because I don't remember where we ended up
either), feature freeze means "all features tagged for 1.6.0 must be
finished", right? In other words, if I had something planned for 1.6.0 that
I haven't started, I need to finish it before the feature freeze date
regardless of whether or not it's a new feature or not? In other words, by
"feature freeze" we really mean "only bug-fixes"?

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> I absolutely need to have multiple volume support in a release by the
> end-of-year.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
>
> > We do need to get this settled.  What about end of year target for
> release
> > date and feature freeze date at end of Oct?
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Mike Drob <mdrob@mdrob.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I wanted to revive this conversation, since fall is fast approaching.
> One
> > > reasonable target for a release date might be to try and get something
> > done
> > > before Hadoop World/Strata NY, which is the last week of October. That
> > is a
> > > bit sooner than initially planned, but would be a great bit of PR if it
> > > were possible. Regardless, we need to seriously think about a feature
> > > freeze date and get that agreed upon.
> > >
> > > Mike

> > > ingest
> > bit.