accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Pinkston <devinfpinks...@gmail.com>
Subject Column Scan / table metadata
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:42:48 GMT
I have been looking through the Accumulo source to try and find the best
way to derive the column structure/metadata of a table.  If I have a table
"sample", and I want to find all the column families/qualifiers, is there a
built-in facility in Accumulo to get a list of columns in that table?  Or
would my best option be to scan() the entire table, and only put unique
column families/qualifiers into a list and return to the user?

I am imagining the user has no idea of what their columns are like in this
table, that is why I ask.

Thanks!