accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:15:04 GMT
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> -0 For no source tarball (zip only).
>>

> Looking back at some old releases, is the best practice to make a source
> tarball (which contains the same stuff as the source-release zip the apache
> parent pom provides) and throw that up on people.apache.org?

No, the assembly descriptor defined in the parent pom should be able
to create zip only or tarball and zip by setting the property
"sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor" to the value
"source-release-zip-tar" (in conjunction with the apache parent POM).

>> Also, the POM could be simplified a bit if the parent POM was updated
>> to the latest version (not a blocker for this vote, but something to
>> keep in mind for future releases).
>>

> Updated to the latest version of.. ?

http://s.apache.org/latest-apache-pom

Currently: 13
Some versions are out of date in that, though... like you may want to
continue to override the apache-rat plugin version.

>> FYI. You can configure maven-release-plugin to not push by default.
>> That way, you can manually push the branch, without the tag... and
>> just reference the sha1 rather than the tag name, in the call for the
>> vote. After the vote passes, anybody can tag the specified commit id
>> with the final tag name.
>>

> The dryRun option? I hadn't thought about enforcing that by default, but
> that's a good idea and would prevent others from falling into the same pit
> that I did :)

Not dryRun; pushChanges = false.
(http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#pushChanges).
However, I haven't tested this yet. It may only apply to the prepare
goal, not the perform goal.