accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Schedule for 1.6.0 release?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:16:03 GMT
+1 for "Feature Freeze" means only bug fixes happen after the date, which
implies major code additions and changes are already in place with
appropriate tests.

I presume on feature freeze date we'll handle step 1 of the proposed git
workflow for releases (branch to 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT and increment version in
master)?

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm ok to leave some documentation tasks for the test period, but all the
> new features should have unit tests, integration tests, and RW tests.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 by the end of the year with adequate time for testing.
> >
> > Just so we're all clear (because I don't remember where we ended up
> > either), feature freeze means "all features tagged for 1.6.0 must be
> > finished", right? In other words, if I had something planned for 1.6.0
> that
> > I haven't started, I need to finish it before the feature freeze date
> > regardless of whether or not it's a new feature or not? In other words,
> by
> > "feature freeze" we really mean "only bug-fixes"?
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > I absolutely need to have multiple volume support in a release by the
> > > end-of-year.

> > > release

> approaching.
> > > One