accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: client config files
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 19:07:50 GMT
I absolutely DO think they should be combined in a properties file
located in $HOME/.accumulo/config
I absolutely DO NOT think this client configuration should be
exclusive to the shell, and I absolutely DO NOT think it should be
XML.

I would love to see all our clients/client code use
commons-configuration to hold properties from the properties file, so
that only a --config parameter is needed (with reasonable defaults, so
even that is not absolutely necessary). I also think that every
property that can exist in the file should be possible to override on
the command-line. I personally prefer to use system properties, using
commons-configuration's HierarchicalConfiguration, but jcommander may
make it easier to do the same thing in a slightly different way.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii