accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MiniAccumuloCluster connection timeout negotiation
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:31:20 GMT
You can change the timeout, but zookeeper will only let you use a
connection timeout of 20x the tick rate.  By default, the tick rate for MAC
is 1s.  There is presently no way to change this value.

Also, I seem to remember that the client library sends a ping 1/3 of the
way through the timeout, and will disconnect at 2/3rds the timeout without
a response in order to attempt to reconnect to a more responsive zookeeper
before losing its session.

A connection timeout may be causing servers to fail too soon, see
ACCUMULO-1572.

Ensure your processes are not getting pushed into swap, and that you have
swappiness turned off.

-Eric