accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sreejith Ramakrishnan <sreejith.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for mentor for project on ACCUMULO-1197
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:33:00 GMT
Hey,

I'm sooo interested in this Jira. But, Luciano (Community Development,
Apache) told me I should proceed with some simpler Jiras for the time being
since its my first involvement with open source. So I decided I'll work on
1197 after 2months which is when this programme ends.

So, I was thinking about ACCUMULO-1256 or ACCUMULO-1198. These are
relatively smaller projects. Can you or any experts be a mentor for me?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1256
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1198

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com>wrote:

> It's unfortunate he's on vacation this week.  So, you could write the
> proposal of what you think the integration will look like before talking to
> him, but there are a couple of risks: maybe he won't want to work with
> someone, or won't have time to do the part of the work you'd be integrating
> into during the 3 months of your programme.
>
> If you're willing to take the risk, we'll be able to find mentors for you
> on the Accumulo side.
>
> Billie
> I got a reply from the HDFS list. Seems this person Andrew is actually
> working on this Jira. Here's the email:
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-hdfs-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCA%2BqbEUM_ps2Nihqh4d2c2hA6neXJw5Xep3ceMxqFajmL10Adrw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Sreejith Ramakrishnan <
> sreejith.code@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you :) Alright. I'll put such an email and get back at the
> earliest.
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Billie Rinaldi <
> billie.rinaldi@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Both. You could also mention that it could be useful for HBase as well,
> >> but
> >> that you aren't planning to do the HBase integration as part of your
> >> project.
> >> On Jul 17, 2013 2:41 PM, "Sreejith Ramakrishnan" <
> sreejith.code@gmail.com

> >> ACCUMULO-1197

> making
> >> your