accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Berman <mber...@sqrrl.com>
Subject Thrift over SSL
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:36:35 GMT
Hi Devs,
I'm starting work on enabling SSL encryption over the wire (ACCUMULO-1009).
 I noticed ACCUMULO-756 ("abstracting API communication mechanisms") is
marked as in progress by Christopher.  Should I proceed with the SSL
changes given today's thrift API code, or should I be trying to coordinate
with the grander abstraction plan?  The entrypoint to my changes should be
pretty focused...just a few lines of code around where we currently create
thrift servers and clients.

I'm also open to any other advice about how SSL should be integrated if
others have particular requirements or solutions in mind.

Thanks,
Michael