accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: QA
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:02:20 GMT
Im an avid user of stackoverflow and contribute a lot to the hadoop and pig tag. And i think
it is the right place, but we do need to work at it a bit.

There is a bit of a problem with smaller tags in terms of momentum. If someone asks an accumulo
question and it takes a long time to get a response, they wont use it again. Also, if they
don't see many questions about accumulo already, it gives the impression they shouldnt waste
their time. I wonder if there is something out there that could notify the list when a new
question on SO is asked so we as a group can answer it quickly.

The next thing is editing the questions. When we see an accumulo question, we should make
sure that hadoop and anything else is tagged that needs to be tagged so it gets more eyes.
For example, i use the pig tag a lot, but always tag hadoop, too. Any other tags from a SEO
perspective should be added if the person doesn't know what they are asking. E.g., chaning
"server thingy not starting" to "TabletServer not starting".

Finally, we need to get some volume in there. Maybe it's sending people there or maybe it
is "seeding" FAQ there and answering it ourselves (e.g., sean posts the faq, then I answer
it with the predetermined answer). Not sure how kosher that is.

--
 This communication is the property of ClearEdge IT Solutions, LLC and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review,