accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Marion" <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Schedule for 1.6.0 release?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:43:44 GMT
Historically, how long has it taken to complete testing of release candidates? Subtract that
from 1 November and that should be the target date. Based on 1.5.0, that means feature complete
is tomorrow, right? :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Busbey [mailto:busbey@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:17 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Schedule for 1.6.0 release?

One of the action items out of the 1.6.0 discussion[1] was that we'd use the list to decide
on a target release date, feature set, and incremental milestones for Accumulo 1.6.0.

I know the initial plan was to aim for November, and right now Jira says as much[2].

That's only ~4 months away, so we should lay out some plans. When do we need to target feature
complete to meet that goal? When does code freeze need to happen?

[1]:
https://docs.google.com/a/cloudera.com/document/d/1FkP2dDE4zzH1ou89_-qpW6-7dtBj9XdMRGjFnnLGrTI/edit
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO/fixforversion/12322468

--