accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 17:49:47 GMT
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
> Finally read through all of this.
> First of all, great work Josh.

+42

[snip]
> I'm happy with the email subject. I'm assuming we're sticking with all
> commits reffing a ticket? Or at least all commits to the main branch(es).
[snip]

If you're going to squash them, it would just be the squashed commit
where this would be needed, I would think.

This also raises an interesting question: how does the JIRA
integration work for git? Would it just add comments corresponding to
commits pushed to master? Or would it track all commits pushed to any
branch? If it tracks all commits pushed to any branch, you may want to
reference the JIRA issue in every commit... unless you don't want/need
that much verbosity on the ticket. Then, I suppose you could just do
one reference when you merge/squash.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii