accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:00:00 GMT
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com>wrote:

> Who is voting - the accumulo community, the PMC members, or some other
> subset of people?

Good question. I had presumed it was "community welcome to vote, only
committers binding."

The governance doc[1] says "everyone has one vote" without really saying
who "everyone" is. Since it falls back to the main Apache voting
description for details[2], I would guess that makes "everyone" the PMC
members.

This points out something worth having the PMC members discussing soon:
continued lack of bylaws.

[1]: http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/voting.html
[2]: http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--