accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GIT
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 18:02:35 GMT
The steps I follow to integrate my branches with master. It's just for
illustrative purposes. More experienced git users may want to use a
different sequence or naming conventions.

# push tracking branch back to origin so people know you are working.
git push origin <branch_name>:<branch_name> -u
# develop, commit to local branch.

git checkout master
git pull   # get changes

# create a local safety branch of master .. if something goes wrong, just
delete it and start again from this point.
git checkout -b INTEGRATION_<branch_name>
# merge your changes into the safety branch.
git merge <branch_name> --no-ff
git checkout master
git merge INTEGRATION_<branch_name>
mvn clean test