accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: asciidoc manual
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 00:44:14 GMT
I think it looks great, but my only concern is how easily is this
automated, without a lot of manual package installation and setup. I'd
want to make it easy for developers to simply check out the project
and build, without a lot of forethought, like it is to do with some of
the more often used maven plugins for documentation (doxia). I'd like
anybody to be able to check out the project and fix a typo in the
documentation, and test how it looks, without installing a lot of
extra packages.

(Note: this is currently not easily done with the existing system, as
pdflatex and other tools are required to be installed in advance, so
I'm glad we're looking outside of LaTeX, for that reason. I just
wouldn't want to move laterally in this regard, if we can move
upwards.)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii