accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 18:22:00 GMT
I believe I already voiced my opinion on this, but let me restate it
since the conversation is happening again.

Bundling the native library built with a "common" library is easiest and
I believe makes the most sense. My opinion is that source files should
be included in a source release and that a bin release doesn't include
source files. Since we're specifically making this distinction by making
these releases, it doesn't make sense to me why we would decide "oh,
well in this one case, the bin dist will actually have _some_ src files
too."

Is it not intuitive that if people need to rebuild something, that they
download a src dist (and bin) to start? :shrug: