accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2 compatibility issues
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 23:36:39 GMT
I'm not sure what the "best" solution would be, but I'd easily assume
any worthwhile solution would extend the 1.5.0 release date even farther
than I'd be happy about. So, by that stance, I'm for #4 or another quick
fix, even if it does perpetuate some sort of "hack".

> I just doesn't make very much sense to me to have two different GAV's
> for the very same .class files, just to get different dependencies in
> the poms. However, if someone really wanted that, I'd look to make
> some scripting that created this downstream from the main build.
This makes sense to me. Although, I don't know exactly how one would go
about doing this, I trust Benson enough not to throw something
non-feasible at us :)