accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drop version part of jar filenames in $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 21:57:16 GMT
Personally, it's really nice to me when I'm wondering "what version of
Accumulo is installed?" and I can easily answer that with an `ls`.

However, by the same argument, bundling a version file somewhere is just
as trivial and fits the same use-case (sans my ability to remember that
said file exists and where it lives).