accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Nolet <cno...@texeltek.com>
Subject Re: Backport of MiniAccumuloCluster v1.5 to v1.4
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 02:01:08 GMT
I cancelled my patch for the Proxy back port until I got the integration tests up. I have tested
most of the features through my Accumulo++ project and the unit tests all pass (the cool thing
is, I was still using the client generated with thrift 0.9.1 against 1.4 generated with 0.6.1).

Anyways, I can re-submit the patch for now and continue to churn on the MiniAccumuloCluster
back port if time is of the essence. Currently, I'm finishing up parsing the command line
args in the Initialize class so that the instance, root user, and root password can be passed
in programmatically. After that, I just need to clean it up a bit and I'll be done.

On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:47 PM, Josh Elser wrote:

> My only concern would be having to add something in 1.5 (read as: delay the 1.5.0 release)
to support the backport. Otherwise, +1 from me.

> ps. awesome work so far :D
>
> On 04/03/2013 09:43 PM, Corey Nolet wrote:
>> The back porting of the proxy is pretty much complete. I have not submitted the patch
yet because I am not able to run any automated integration tests without the mini Accumulo
cluster. I've gotten pretty far with backporting the Mini Accumulo Cluster and it would be
massively useful to have the it in v1.4 (if it works out well). Anyone against submitting
a separate patch for this when it's complete?