accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Backport of MiniAccumuloCluster v1.5 to v1.4
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 19:50:41 GMT
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Corey Nolet <cnolet@texeltek.com> wrote:
> Keith,
>
> I've been a huge fan of Instamo. I think it's genius! I don't want to complicate things
by back porting the MiniAccumuloCluster and I'm mostly enjoying the deep dive into the codebase.
Having the proxy supported in 1.4.* is a huge win and the integration tests would help, but
if you guys are comfortable with using Mocks, I can still support bugs as they pop up.

I think users would really like the new feature, I am just worried
about the potential for confusion.  I the more organized we are now
about what goes in 1.4.X releases, the more it will help us a year
from now when we are still supporting 1.4.X on production systems.

> On Apr 4, 2013, at 3:26 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
>
>> Thinking about the since tags a bit more, maybe the since tags should
>> just contain the version that we released first?  That would imply
>> that maybe the since tags in 1.4.4 would say since 1.5.0?
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Corey Nolet <cnolet@texeltek.com> wrote:
>>> The back porting of the proxy is pretty much complete. I have not submitted the
patch yet because I am not able to run any automated integration tests without the mini Accumulo
cluster. I've gotten pretty far with backporting the Mini Accumulo Cluster and it would be
massively useful to have the it in v1.4 (if it works out well). Anyone against submitting
a separate patch for this when it's complete?