accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:48:33 GMT
On Apr 12, 2013 2:25 PM, "Andres Danter" <adanter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could the work of integrating Accumulo with Ambari be something that you
> would allow a student to tackle for GSoC?  I don't want to step on
anyone's
> planned work, but such a task really interests me.  I want to tackle
> something with some meat, if you know what I mean.

Andres, I would be happy to help mentor you on that project if that's what
you'd like to work on. I am also an Ambari committer. Below is the
information I have on adding components to Ambari. If this interests you,
let me know and I will run the project by the Ambari PMC.

"To add a component to Ambari, one would do the following:
* Add the component as part of the stack definition (see
https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/1.2.0/services
)
* Write Puppet scripts for installing, starting, and testing the component
(see
https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-agent/src/main/puppet/modules
)
* Create an RPM for the component
* Make the RPM is available via yum (or zypper) on the cluster hosts.

Unfortunately we don't have any documentation on this yet."

Billie