accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simple cluster setup
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:43:07 GMT
Drew,

I'm not an ec2 guru but I'll try to help:

> the IP addresses (elastic IP's, local ip's) to use in masters/slaves,

You likely want to use the local ip's. The nodes just need to be
routable to one another.

> are the slaves using a single zookeeper server or their own on localhost

You likely only need one zookeeper for less than a few hundred nodes
considering performance. Most likely you should evaluate your necessary
redundancy requirements. If you can handle the ZK host tanking, you can
probably get away with just one. Just remember that you should also have
an odd number to ensure that the ZK hosts can make a quorum.

> Are ssh passphraseless keys required

Yes

> which user

The user which you're running Accumulo as.

>The slave nodes report that there is no master server

The node which is the Accumulo master, check
$ACCUMULO_LOG_DIR/master_*.{log,out}. Most likely there is something in
the logs which prevented the master from starting. Also, check the web
app monitor running on the monitor host (specified via
$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/monitor) on port 50095.

On 4/15/13 11:31 PM, Drew Pierce wrote:
> Trying to get a 1.4.2 cluster setup. Are there any simple steps as the permutations of
woe on EC2 are many, such as the IP addresses (elastic IP's, local ip's) to use in masters/slaves,
and are the slaves using a single zookeeper server or their own on localhost. Are ssh passphraseless
keys required, and if so, which user? user accumulo's authorized keys? There just lacks any
detail. The slave nodes report that there is no master server. Thx.