accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling Under Windows (unable to execute generate-thrift.sh)
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:50:44 GMT
Using the coberatura profile in my VirtualBox was too slow. I'm in the
mood to write unit tests so wanted to see how hard it would be to run
the tests in Windows (i.e., not in my VirtualBox).

I think I have found a solution to this issue. If anyone validates
this approach, I'll create a JIRA ticket for trunk and commit this
change:

In the trace, core, and proxy modules, change pom.xml by adding two profiles:

      <profile>
          <id>thrift-not-windows</id>
          <activation>
              <os>
                  <family>!windows</family>
              </os>
          </activation>
          <properties>
              <thift.executable>${basedir}/src/main/scripts/generate-thrift.sh</thift.executable>
          </properties>
      </profile>
      <profile>
          <id>thrift-windows</id>
          <activation>
              <os>
                  <family>windows</family>
              </os>
          </activation>
          <properties>
              <thift.executable>${basedir}/src/main/scripts/generate-thrift.bat</thift.executable>
          </properties>
      </profile>

Then change the generate-thrift section to be:

            <configuration>
                <executable>${thift.executable}</executable>
            </configuration>

I created a very simple batch file:

  rem generate-thrift.bat
  rem