accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 01:26:25 GMT
The AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest tests require ACCUMULO_HOME to be
defined. It is not defined on my Windows computer. Therefore, the
tests failed. I argue that a unit test should be independent of the
underlying system otherwise it is some kind of integration or
functional test. And in this case, mocking the System.getenv() call
should be easy to do.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Dave Marion <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why do you say that " System.getenv() which breaks the tests in AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest?"
It's worked fine for a while. What is different now?