accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Use pre-integration-test to start instamo, run tests in integration-test, then stop instamo in post-integration-test?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:20:08 GMT
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM, David Medinets
<david.medinets@gmail.com> wrote:
> Running org.apache.accumulo.proxy.SimpleTest
> Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 37.844
> sec <<< FAILURE!
>
> I am continued to be concerned by this unit test in the proxy module.
> And a few others that are long-running. I haven't found time to dig
> into the code but I assume it is the issue related to spinning up the
> Accumulo processes for the test. Could one instance of Instamo be spun
> up during the pre-integration-test and spin down during
> post-integration-test as stand-alone processes? Then any tests
> associated with Instamo can be run inside the integration-test phase.

Christopher has mentioned moving some test to integration test.  He
may have created a ticket.   There has also been discussion by Eric
and Christopher about moving alot of the existing functional test to
integration test.  Some of the functional test restart processes, and
may not be suitable for integration test.

This would all be great for 1.6.  Some test may need to spin up their
own Accumulo instance.  Would need to evaluate each test and see if it
needs own instance or can use a shared instance (w/ tables names
unique to the test).