accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:16:35 GMT

So we are getting into an area where you want to compile the software on a platform that is
not supported. If you want to compile on an unsupported platform, then I would suggest just
ignoring the tests that won't work on that system.

I don't think that this needs to be changed now as Hadoop only supports *nix based systems
and we are close to a 1.5.0 release. If you want to tackle this in 1.6 (trunk) thats a different
story.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Medinets" <david.medinets@gmail.com>
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:08:48 PM
Subject: Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

I hate ignoring things. It makes me uneasy. I'm looking at the other
tests as well. For example, the AccumuloDFSBase class depends on
running /bin/sh to find a umask. No reason that dependency can't be
mocked out during testing... If nothing else, this research will form
my own set of Accumulo Zen Koans.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM, <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:

> Take a look at my other email on this subject, it might be better to just add the profile
that I mentioned and add this to the list of ignored tests for now. I know that there is a
ticket for removing ACCUMULO_HOME in all places.