accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Marion" <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:40:50 GMT
Out of curiosity, why do you say that " System.getenv() which breaks the tests in AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest?"
It's worked fine for a while. What is different now?

-- Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: dlmarion@comcast.net [mailto:dlmarion@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:12 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

We can do it with PowerMock, no need to add  Mockito. This should work, going from memory
here. I should be able to help when I get back to a computer if you have problems.

  //Mock the method

  PowerMock.mockStatic(System.class, System.class.getMethod("getenv"));

  //Invoke it

  Map<String, String> mockSystemProperties = new HashMap<String, String>();
  mockSystemProperties.put("ACCUMULO_HOME", System.getenv("HOME"));
  EasyMock.expect(System.getenv()).andReturn(mockSystemProperties);