accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Arsenault <darsena...@gmail.com>
Subject setiter returns error, but custom iterator runs via scanner client?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 00:50:32 GMT
Hi there. Hoping to get some pointers on what might be the issue with
setiter here ...

I've got a custom iterator built and working fine. The jar is in the
lib/ext directory and is happy when called from a scanner client.

However, when I attempt to attach the iterator to a table via the
shell bad voodoo happens.

somebody@accumulo1 INtable> setiter -t INtable -scan -p 5 -n OptsIter
-class org.foo.TableOptionsIterator

2013-02-27 19:30:00,974 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.shell.ShellCommandException: Command
could not be initialized (Unable to load org.foo.TableOptionsIterator
as type org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.OptionDescriber; configure
with 'config' instead).

My class implements SortedKeyValueIterator<Key,Value>.

I've searched extensively and covered the manual end-to-end with no
luck. Any hints would be much appreciated and save me more time and
pain.

Thank you.
David