accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website vs. Flex
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:20:05 GMT
I mean a little bit of the style and the drop-down. Mainly, the
drop-down, but I like the style, too. I think we should be unique,
though, in terms of style (we want to make the brand distinct and
easily identifiable), but adopt some of the design considerations
(crisp solid colors, distinct borders, minimal 'widgets' and text on
the main view, fewer but bigger buttons to direct users to the most
important information first, shorter more hierarchical menus rather
than long lists, etc.).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Gabe Bell <christiangeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed on the content restructuring, maybe a new theme could speed that up.
> When you say the menus, do you mean the style or the drop-down function?
> This design could implement drop-downs without JS - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/265949/AccumuloDropdown.mov
(600kb MOV file on Dropbox)
> On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:56 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I like the style, but I think it might require some
>> content-restructuring (esp. the front page). Also, one thing I really
>> liked on the Flex page was the menus.
>>
>> --
>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Gabe Bell <christiangeek@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Took a stab at it for a bit using styling cues from Twitter bootstrap, if the
community likes it I can create a SVN patch. Also I am an engineer not a designer so comments/review
and subsequently iterations are expected :).

>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/265949/AccumuloDownloads.png
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/265949/AccumuloFeatures.png